Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location: Cardiff & Vale College Sites, Cardiff (other customer sites and Circle IT’s Head Office as required)
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 DOE
Contract type: Permanent
Responsibilities will include tasks such as call logging and troubleshooting issues and resolving support queries or diagnosing issues where possible. This will be done by responding to both calls, emails and face to face enquiries.
This is a customer-facing role that will sometimes require out of hours work and travel to and from other customer sites and Head office (Cardiff Gate). Please note that this position needs you to complete an enhanced DBS check.
As a part of this role our employees have access to our Technical Training Academy (worth £1000).
What you'll do
- Assist our customers with their questions about supported software and platforms, ensuring adherence to company processes and SLAs/OLAs.
- Log all related service desk tickets on our ticket logging system
- Desktop and hardware repairs
- Research answers to questions using a variety of resources and work with other Circle IT employees, product vendors, internal technical teams etc to answer customer questions.
- Support other service desk operations as required.
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with company stakeholders (e.g. customer, third party, internal customers).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Keep up to date with current IT and solution trends, technologies and updates relevant to Circle IT’s user community.
What we are looking for
Our Desktop Support Technicians are enthusiastic, customer focused IT professionals who are passionate about technology and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest tech trends.
You will need the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a technical customer service support role (desktop)
- Great Customer Services skills, face to face, phone and email based.
- Exposure to working to SLA’s (Service Level Agreements)
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Active directory and Office 365 would be preferable.
- Full UK Driving license
- Strong organisational skills
- A strong desire to learn and develop
Who are we?
Circle specialise in providing IT support and services to the Education Sector and a wide range of private businesses, from SME’s through to large multi-site organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, aiming to deliver growth using cutting-edge technology and by working in partnership with key vendors.
Circle offers an extensive range of services including IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Cardiff, we are a Microsoft Gold and Cloud Accelerate Partner, Dell EMC Platinum Partner, Citrix Silver and VMware Enterprise Partner and we focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
Circle are an award-winning employer of choice and offer a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Death in Service cover
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training Academy and E-learning
- Company Perks Portal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual award program and bonus schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme