We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our team at Circle. This role can be based from our Cardiff office, or home-based nationwide.
Department: Project & Technical Delivery
Salary: up to £40,000 + car allowance
What you'll do
- Carry out the installation of current and new technologies into existing and new client’s environments, working on projects of various sizes.
- Manage technical solutions as part of the project deployment process
- Produce quality delivery and documentation
- Managing the internal CIT ticketing system and keeping all relevant parties updated on any progress
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Support the company’s NOC service if required
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in an IT networking project/support role within a professional or corporate environment
- Experience with following hardware vendors; Force10/Dell/Aruba/HPE/Cisco
- Firewall experience – eg SonicWALL’s, Fortinet, WatchGuard and Palo Alto
- Experience of L2 and L3 Networking
- Experience with vendor firmware
- Understanding of Fibre optic grading
- Understanding of Dual Stack environments, IPv4/IPv6
- Understanding and implementation of Controller/Controllerless wireless solutions
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of working to SLAs and exposure to SLA management
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Full UK driving license and access to own car
- A Full DBS Check will need to be completed
- Aruba Certifications, eg ACSA/ACSP/ACMA/ACMP/ACCA/ACCP
- CCNA qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Wireless Surveying
- Experience with Virtual lab environments such as using GNS3
- Experience with AAA & Radius, Windows NPS/ClearPass/PacketFence
- An understanding and appreciation of Windows Server, Virtualisation and Storage technologies
Who are we?
Circle specialise in providing IT support and services to the Education Sector and a wide range of private businesses, from SME’s through to large multi-site organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, aiming to deliver growth using cutting-edge technology and by working in partnership with key vendors.
Circle offers an extensive range of services including IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Cardiff, we are a Microsoft Gold and Cloud Accelerate Partner, Dell EMC Platinum Partner, Citrix Silver and VMware Enterprise Partner and we focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
What can we offer you?
Circle are an award-winning employer of choice and offer a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training Academy and E-learning
- Company Perks Portal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual award program and bonus schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme