We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our team at Circle. This role can be based from home but will be required to work on customer sites in East Scotland, including but not limited to Dundee, Fife and Stirling. The successful candidate may also be required to work on projects across the UK.
Location: East Scotland (Dundee, Fife, Stirling)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + car allowance + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
What you'll do
- Provide efficient and professional support of our customers’ networking solutions. You will be used to working with SLA targets and ensuring high availability and performance of customers’ networking services.
- Be the point of escalation for networking issues on customer sites, providing advice and guidance on best practice and carrying out proactive analysis using best in class toolsets to identify improvements and resolve complex technical issues.
- Provide a hands-on, fix-on-fail service for networking issues on customer sites.
- Carry out the installation of current and new technologies into existing and new clients’ environments, working on projects of various sizes.
- Manage technical solutions as part of the project deployment process
- Produce quality delivery and documentation
- Managing the internal CIT ticketing system and keeping all relevant parties updated on any progress
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Support the company’s 24*7 NOC service if required
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
What we are looking for: essential
- Experience of working in an IT networking support and project role within a professional or corporate environment.
- Experience with following hardware vendors; Force10/Dell/Aruba/HPE/Cisco
- Firewall experience – eg SonicWALLs, Fortinet, WatchGuard and Palo Alto
- Experience of L2 and L3 Networking
- Experience with vendor firmware
- Understanding of Fibre optic grading
- Understanding of Dual Stack environments, IPv4/IPv6
- Understanding and implementation of Controller/Controllerless wireless solutions.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of working to SLAs and exposure to SLA management.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Full UK driving license and access to own car.
- A Full DBS Check will need to be completed
What we are looking for: desirable
- Aruba Certifications, eg ACSA/ACSP/ACMA/ACMP/ACCA/ACCP
- CCNA qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Wireless Surveying
- Experience with Virtual lab environments such as using GNS3
- Experience with AAA & Radius, Windows NPS/ClearPass/PacketFence
- An understanding and appreciation of Windows Server, Virtualisation and Storage technologies
What can we offer you?
Circle are an award-winning employer of choice and offer a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training Academy and E-learning
- Company Perks Portal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual award program and bonus schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme