Location: Cardiff Gate and remote
Salary: up to £35,000 + shift allowance
Contract type: Permanent
This role the primary point of contact at Circle for Network Operation Centre queries from 3rd parties, internal escalations from the service desk, and other company stakeholders. This role is to be part of a new NOC team providing 24/7 support to some of our key customers. You will be required to work 3 shift patterns to ensure continuous cover is available. During out of hours work this role will be home-based and we will offer a shift allowance.
What you'll do
- Provide efficient and professional Incident and Event Management resolution within SLAs
- Ensure high availability and performance by proactively monitoring customer networks for potential issues and identify fixes and improvements
- Ensure security, integrity and availability of network infrastructure
- Manage the release of firmware upgrades, patches and configuration changes to a wide array of network infrastructure including but not limited to switches, routers, firewalls and Wi-Fi equipment.
- Complete project work where required to assist in new equipment deployments and support Project Engineers
- Produce accurate and reliable documentation to support the above objectives
- Provide 1st line triage for Security Operations Centre events and incidents.
- Manage the release of patches and updates to wider Windows infrastructure
- Responsible for assisting the customer with their questions about supported network infrastructures and platforms to the best of his/her ability, in a customer facing, professional and courteous manner.
- Be the main point of contact for escalation for multi-user network issues and escalations from Service Desk Analysts where they’ve not been able to resolve an issue.
- Establish clear escalation paths for all network-related queries. Creation of action plans with communication to clients for problem tickets.
- Assisting project delivery engineers with design and remote implementation of network projects.
- Technical research using a variety of manuals and resources including the internet and internal knowledge base.
- Log information in tickets to accurately reflect calls received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Keeping abreast of current IT and solution trends, technologies, system information, problems, changes and updates relevant to Circle IT’s user community.
- Travelling to customer sites may be required.
- Supporting Circle IT’s internal team with tasks assigned to them.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in an IT networking support role within a service delivery or corporate environment.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of working to strict SLAs and exposure to SLA management.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- An understanding and appreciation of Windows Server, Virtualisation and Storage technologies (desirable)
- Full UK driving license and access to own car.
- Able and happy to complete an enhanced DBS check
- CCNA qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Firewalls – Support and configuration
- Layer 1 Understanding of fibre/copper cabling, constraints, technologies, grades, distances, applications
- Switching – support and configuration of: L2, STP, MSTP, RSTP, PVST, 802.3ad, 802.3aq, 802.1x
- Ether channelling, Port Channels.
- Routing – support and configuration of HSRP / VRRP / IPv4 / IPv6 / OSPF
- Understanding of Port numbers, SNMP, DNS, DHCP
- Wireless infrastructure, Controllers, Autonomous and Lightweight APs
- Experience of Ticket Management applications
- Previous experience of Network Management Systems (LogicMonitor highly desirable)
- Previous experience of Aruba Wi-Fi and Clearpass products, Dell Networking and SonicWall highly desirable
Personal attributes and qualities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent customer engagement skills - telephone, email and face-to-face.
- Strong prioritisation, configuration, installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work unsupervised, with effective time management skills.
- Approach- Proactive, dynamic, enthusiastic
- Eager to learn, develop and to share knowledge with others
- Highly motivated and passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Strong team work ethic
- Commercially aware with respect to identifying sales opportunities
Who are we?
Circle specialise in providing IT support and services to the Education Sector and a wide range of private businesses, from SME’s through to large multi-site organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, aiming to deliver growth using cutting-edge technology and by working in partnership with key vendors.
Circle offers an extensive range of services including IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Cardiff, we are a Microsoft Gold and Cloud Accelerate Partner, Dell EMC Platinum Partner, Citrix Silver and VMware Enterprise Partner and we focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
What can we offer you?
Circle are an award-winning employer of choice and offer a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Death in service cover
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and Professional Development – Training and growth opportunities
- Annual award program and bonus schemes
- Free Parking and Energy perks at our HQ - including pool table and table tennis, snack vending machines, free breakfast, hot drinks and fresh organic fruit.
- Regular social and team event