We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Delivery Engineer to join our team. This role can be home based, but we are ideally looking for someone in the area, as you will be required to work on customer sites each week in East Scotland, including but not limited to Dundee, Fife and Stirling.
Location: East Scotland (Dundee, Fife, Stirling)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + car allowance + benefits
You may also be required to work on projects across the UK. You will have strong networking skills and you will be able to work within other disciplines where required. This will include being able to work in an infrastructure environment with multiple operating systems, both in project delivery and service support context.
What you'll do
- Front the technical relationship on-site with key customers, providing professional networking support services, developing a strong culture of trust
- Provide efficient and professional support of our customers’ networking solutions.
- Be the point of escalation for networking issues on-site, providing advice and guidance on best practice and carrying out proactive analysis using best in class toolsets to identify improvements and resolve complex technical issues.
- Provide a hands-on, fix-on-fail service for networking issues on customer sites.
- Own and coordinate the resolution of technical challenges and opportunities, leveraging the expertise of colleagues and 3rd parties. This may require you to own issues which are outside your area of technical expertise, therefore it is essential that you are comfortable managing customer expectations and working with remote teams
- Carry out the installation of current and new technologies into existing and new client environments
- Manage technical solutions as part of the project deployment process
- Produce quality delivery and documentation
- Support the company’s 24*7 NOC service if required
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in an IT networking support and project role within a professional or corporate environment.
- Experience in managing the relationships with customers and customer expectations
- Experience in coordinating resources working remotely to deliver quality outcomes for the customer
- Experience with a few or all of the following hardware vendors; Force10/Dell/Aruba/HPE/Cisco
- Firewall experience – eg SonicWALLs, Fortinet, WatchGuard and Palo Alto
- Experience with vendor firmware
- Understanding of Fibre optic grading
- Understanding of Dual-Stack environments, IPv4/IPv6
- implementation of Controller/Controllerless wireless solutions.
- Experience in working to SLAs and exposure to SLA management.
- Full UK driving license and access to own car.
- A Full DBS Check will need to be completed
- Aruba qualifications are desirable but not essential. You will be supported in gaining Aruba certifications if required
- CCNA qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Wireless Surveying
- Experience with Virtual lab environments such as using GNS3
- Experience with AAA & Radius, Windows NPS/ClearPass/PacketFence
- An understanding and appreciation of Windows Server, Virtualisation and Storage technologies.
What can we offer you?
Circle are an award-winning employer of choice and offer a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training Academy and E-learning
- Company Perks Portal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual award program and bonus schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme