Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Cardiff Office / Home (Hybrid)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + car allowance
Contract type: Permanent
Our Senior Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for troubleshooting escalated issues, problems and major incidents.
This role will focus on server and storage infrastructure support & project delivery.
Supporting and providing an on-call service to our customers is expected and travel to and from customer sites may be required if a remote fix is not possible.
The role enables you to work in a hybrid way, both from the office and home-based.
What you'll do
- To resolve IT support issues remotely minimising disruption for customers.
- To Provide escalated support to Circle’s other technical engineers as required.
- To work proactively to identify, coordinate and resolve issues which are impacting or may impact customer or internal solutions
- To communicate effectively with customers and employees
- To Provide training for other members of the team and act as a mentor to more junior members of the Service Desk team.
- To ensure resolutions are provided to customers and root cause analysis conducted.
- To Support and provide On-Call services for our customers
- To Support project delivery duties
- To provide internal IT Support
- To follow ITIL processes
- To attend training courses and develop relevant knowledge and skills
- To support other Service Desk operations as required
What we are looking for?
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working in a Wintel environment
- Experience of working in an IT service desk environment and with strict deadlines
- Exposure to SLA Management previously
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Full and valid UK driver’s license
- A relevant technical qualification is desirable.
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- AV Products
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange Backup and Disaster Recovery technologies (such as Veeam, MABS, Datto Backup, Zerto)
- Layer 2 & 3 switching
- Router / Firewall configuration including NAT, PAT, static routing (Experience with Sonicwall desirable)
- Server roles (DNS, DHCP, IIS, RDS, File & Print) Hyper-V / VMWare Active Directory & Group Policy
- Storage (SAN & DAS)
- WAN technologies
- Excellent telephone manner and customer engagement skills
- Strong prioritisation and practical problem-solving skills
- Able to mentor and act as a role model to others (internal and external)
- Eager to learn and develop and to share knowledge with others
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Strong teamwork ethic
Who are we?
Circle specialise in providing IT support and services to the Education Sector and a wide range of private businesses, from SMEs through to large multi-site organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, aiming to deliver growth using cutting-edge technology and by working in partnership with key vendors.
Circle offers an extensive range of services including IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Cardiff, we are a Microsoft Gold and Cloud Accelerate Partner, Dell EMC Platinum Partner, Citrix Silver and VMware Enterprise Partner and we focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
What can we offer you?
Circle are an award-winning employer of choice and offers a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
- 25 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service cover
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training Academy and E-learning
- Company Perks Portal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
If even 80% of this matches your experience and attributes, we would be delighted to hear from you.