Job Title: Senior Service Desk Engineer
Location: Remote / Hybrid / Macclesfield (Other locations considered)
Salary: Up to £36,000 (DOE)
Hours: 38.5 hours per week in rota between 08:00 and 18:00
Contract type: Permanent
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will provide an IT support service to the Fabric IT Infrastructure and to their customers.
The role encompasses a broad range of technologies and will be customer facing with occasional visits to the sites. For this reason, a Full UK driving license will be needed.
As our Senior Service desk Engineer will need to be a team player, energetic and keen to develop and progress your technical capabilities.
What you’ll do
- Act as a 1st, 2nd & 3rd Line support contact within the existing technical services department.
- Take customer requests via phone and e-mail, resolving queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take ownership of the service desk queue and its associated tickets. Be a point of escalation for peers when they are involved in office cover.
- Work to SLAs for tickets and keep customers updated
- Manage the daily monitoring of customer backups and system health in line with the Fabric monitoring procedures (Alerts & Checks, Customer checks procedures).
- Raise any issues relating to system health in a customer environment and ensure that customers are informed as a result.
- Ensure that monitoring checks are conducted for all customers with monitoring contracts.
- Research products, technologies, solutions and/or approaches to resolving client problems and work to develop standards for the guidance of others.
- Accurately track ongoing problems and the location of Fabric IT and customer equipment.
- Maintain and develop knowledge in light of technological developments and business objectives.
What we are looking for?
- Experience in working in a technical customer service IT support role
- Exposure to working to SLAs
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- A high-level understanding/working knowledge of the following technologies: Windows Operating Systems (7, 8.1, 10), Microsoft Office, AV Products, PC & server security, ADSL, LAN, Active Directory, Hyper-V
- A high-level understanding of IT support principles; e.g. desktop, networks, infrastructure
- Strong networking skills including router and switch configuration experience.
- Proficient in software and applications- word processing, spreadsheets and graphics
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 and Azure is required.
- Experience in technical documentation including SOPs and manual
- Coaching and mentoring experience of 1st/2nd line engineers.
- Experience of AVD
- Experience of Apple
General attributes required
- A full UK driving license and access to own vehicle
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills- able to build and establish good working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to take ownership of user problems and situations, be proactive in the approach to resolve the issue and interact with users to keep updated through the lifecycle of the job.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer engagement skills
- Practical problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong prioritisation, time management and troubleshooting skills
Who are we?
Hiring for Fabric as part of the Circle Group
Fabric IT specialise in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Modern Workplace and IT support services. We provide IT services to a wide range of organisations, from private SMEs and multi-site organisations to public sector and NFP organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, delivering growth through cutting edge technology.
Fabric offers an extensive range of services, including Microsoft Dynamics consultancy, support and implementation, IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking, and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Macclesfield, we are a Microsoft Gold Partner and focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
What can we offer you?
Fabric offers a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees, including:
- 23 days holiday with an incremental increase
- Birthday off
- Medical Insurance
- Death in Service cover
- Training and Personal Development
- Company Perks