The Service Desk Team Leader is a key role on our Service Desk. Managing a team of Service Desk Analysts you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day effectiveness of service provision and ensuring that targets are met.
You will own the achievement of 1st line SLA targets, the service improvement plan and ensuring the availability of the service to meet demands.
Location: Cardiff Gate
Salary: Up to £28,000
Contract type: Permanent
You will direct the day to day workload of the Service Desk Analysts, working with 2nd and 3rd line support teams, field and remote services teams and with Service Delivery Managers in order to drive service improvements.
As well as line-managing the analysts and the operation of the Desk, you will also offer specialist advice and support on IT-related issues, ensuring the effective management of all incidents and service requests through an email, telephony and portal-based service.
What you'll do
- Ownership of 1st line statistics, SLA performance and all operational activities required for the successful running of the Service Desk.
- Produce operational Service Desk reporting, including analysis of trends and narrative around performance anomalies.
- Ownership of the rota, rotation and availability management of the Service Desk services.
- Act as a point of escalation for tickets, both internally and with customers.
- Conduct and lead huddles, addressing statistics, quality and comms.
- Communicate trends and updates to the team on a regular basis to enable achievement of SLAs and improvement in ticket quality and consistency.
- Own the Service Improvement Plan for Desk
- Proactive ticket analysis and trending to identify problems,
- Handle escalations relating to tickets from customers and internal teams.
- Own the Incident and Major Incident Management process and act as Major Incident Manager when required.
- Act as a Service Desk advisor when required, providing quality support in line with Service Desk procedures.
What we're looking for
- IT Service Desk experience
- Experience as a Team Leader or having taken responsibility for managing rotas and SLA delivery
- Delivering services in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- A good understanding of IT support principles, including knowledge and understanding of ITIL framework / ISO/IEC 20000.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Good written skills, including the ability to produce reports
- Excellent customer service skills, even under pressure.
- Appropriate level of technical troubleshooting skills, including Windows OS, Microsoft Office, AV Products, PC & server security, ADSL, LAN, Microsoft 365, Active Directory.
- Practical problem solving and negotiation skills
Who are we?
Circle specialise in providing IT support and services to the Education Sector and a wide range of private businesses, from SME’s through to large multi-site organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, aiming to deliver growth using cutting-edge technology and by working in partnership with key vendors.
Circle offers an extensive range of services including IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Cardiff, we are a Microsoft Gold and Cloud Accelerate Partner, Dell EMC Platinum Partner, Citrix Silver and VMware Enterprise Partner and we focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training Academy and E-learning
- Company Perks Portal
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual award program and bonus schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme