Location: Fabric IT, Macclesfield
Salary: Up to £23,000 (DOE)
Contract type: Permanent
It is important that, as a Systems Engineer you are a team player, energetic, analytically strong and are keen to develop and progress your technical capabilities.
We will fully support you by immersing you in the role technically so that you learn fast and get the benefit of our years of experience, building your IT knowledge and your career.
The role encompasses a broad range of technologies and we look for you to approach all aspects of the role with enthusiasm.
This is a customer-facing role and you will be required to travel to customer sites, for that reason a full UK driving license is essential.
What you'll do
You will be providing 1st and 2nd line support working within the technical services department. You will also be responsible for installation, configuration, support, systems administration and diagnosis of customer hardware and software.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Current server operating systems (physical & virtual)
- Current and legacy Microsoft PC operating systems
- Current and legacy application packages
- Component level hardware support
- Networks, hubs, routers, virtual private networks, network-attached storage, network-attached peripherals
- Standard server packages (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Symantec back-up Exec, Managed Anti-Virus)
- Environmental monitoring (Via PRTG or other network monitoring solutions)
- Provide analytical data for customers based upon their reporting requirements
- Field engineering support, involving travel to customer sites
- Configuration and commission of equipment for customers
- Research products, technologies, solutions and/or approaches to resolve client problems and work to develop standards for the guidance of others
What we are looking for
- A full UK driving license and access to own vehicle
- Experience of working in a technical customer service IT support role
- Exposure to working to SLAs
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- A good understanding/working knowledge of the following technologies: Windows Operating Systems (7, 8.1, 10), Microsoft Office, AV Products, PC & server security, ADSL, LAN, Exchange, Active Directory
- A good understanding of IT support principles; e.g. desktop, networks, infrastructure
- Ability to use desktop software and applications- word processing, spreadsheets and graphics
- A basic understanding of Apple (desirable)
- Office 365 experience (desirable)
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills- able to build and establish good working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent telephone manner and customer engagement skills
- Practical problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong prioritisation, time management and troubleshooting skills
Who are we?
Hiring for Fabric as part of the Circle Group.
Fabric IT specialise in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and IT support services. We provide IT services to a wide range of organisations, from private SME’s and multi-site organisations to public sector and NFP organisations.
We are committed to providing the highest quality IT services, delivering growth through cutting edge technology.
Fabric offers an extensive range of services, including Microsoft Dynamics consultancy, support and implementation, IT consultancy, managed services, project management, networking, and disaster recovery. Headquartered in Macclesfield, we are a Microsoft Gold Partner and focus on delivering enterprise solutions and services.
What can we offer you?
Fabric offers a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees, including:
- 23 days holiday with an incremental increase
- Birthday off
- Aviva Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Flexible Working
- Technical Training and Personal Development
- Company Perks
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus scheme