What is the Brecon Beacon's Horseshoe Ridge walk?
A challenging 16KM (10 Mile) upland mountain walk around the Neuadd Valley in the Brecon Beacons. People from both Fabric and Circle will be coming together to complete the 6 hour walk.
Whilst we are doing this primarily to raise vital funds for Cancer Research UK, we are also looking forward to bringing our people together after working remotely for much of the last 18 months to take on the challenge as a team.
Why Cancer Research?
Unfortunately, cancer affects most of us in same way throughout our lives which it is so important to support charities like Cancer Research UK so that they can continue their life saving work.
- 1 in 2 people will fall ill to cancer throughout their lifetime
- Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer
- Around 4 in 10 UK cancer cases, every year could be prevented, that’s more than 135,000 every year
- Cancer Research commit £56 million through the Cancer Research UK Radiation Research Network (RadNet) to accelerate the development of advanced and pioneering radiotherapy techniques
- They have a goal to accelerate progress and see 3 in 4 patients surviving the disease by 2034