Circle , a leading IT solution and managed services provider, announces that it was the IT solutions provider for the recently opened new Cardiff and Vale College campus. As part of the deal, Circle provided the technology to support the £45m campus, situated in the centre of the Welsh capital.
After a successful tender, Circle was appointed to supply and install the IT infrastructure for the new site including servers, storage and networking as well as PCs – deploying Dell solutions throughout. Circle also installed a robust Wi-Fi network to meet the college’s creative media requirements and to enable students to access the network via smartphones and tablets, supporting the college’s aspirations for greater mobile learning and bring your own device (BYOD).
Cardiff and Vale College needed an IT supplier that could deliver on time and within budget in order to limit the amount of disruption caused to the college’s 20,000 full and part-time students. Circle IT’s expertise in education and impressive track record on similar projects made it the obvious choice.
“This was always going to be a complex and challenging project, but Circle managed the entire process without any hiccups,” said Evan Davies, Director of Information Services and Technology at Cardiff and Vale College. “Circle's experience of the education market means that they have a solid understanding of the requirements we have as a college and the challenges that we face on a daily basis. We trust them to find the most suitable technology solutions not only to resolve any issues, but more importantly, to provide the best possible learning environment for our students. During the time that we’ve been working with them, Circle has become an indispensable part of our team.”
Following the successful completion of the project, Circle currently provides onsite IT managed services, with a team of four Circle IT staff now based at the college full-time.
Earlier this year, Circle IT was one of 21 firms named as an approved services supplier for the ICT for Education framework, making the company eligible to bid for projects with education customers needing to procure IT equipment.
ABOUT CARDIFF AND VALE COLLEGE
Cardiff and Vale College aims to bring a wide variety of additional benefits to the region with a long term vision to:
- Offer a wider range of courses and more opportunities for learners to progress in their study within the same College
- Work more closely with schools across the region to provide an extended, diverse range of high quality, exciting and relevant opportunities for learners
- Create more opportunities to learn in Welsh to support the Welsh Government policy for bilingual learning
- Give learners access to additional excellent facilities and strengthening advice, support and guidance systems
- Lead the way on new curriculum initiatives, working with partner organisations to provide an unrivalled and seamless pathway from school to Higher Education and employment.
For more information, visit: http://www.cavc.ac.uk/